Monday, August 23, 2010

Things to Do...

I don't know quite what I'd do without my "things to do" lists I make...checking off assignments for my Master's classes, lesson plans, copies to make, birthday cards to write, groceries to buy, etc. I must stay organized or chaos will begin (literally and symbolically). And, let's just say when I get to check something off (like this Blog #2 of the week) and the list begins to diminish, that makes me happy. If only for a little while, because essentially another list begins or I add to the one already started.

I feel okay about things right now. Things are going relatively smoothly. I do sometimes wonder how I get everything done on time and manage to fit sleeping and eating in there. Nonetheless, I do seem to balance things most of the time.

I wonder what people do who have no spouse, no family that lives nearby, no full time job on top of Master's classes, no helping out at church, no helping out around the house, etc. I can't remember the last time I wasn't busy. In high school, in addition to my classes and homework, I worked a part-time job, and was active in Marching Band as a flagette (twirler), and in clubs. The fall after graduating, I began college, working part-time, then full-time eventually, while also taking a full load of courses. Then, I got married. That spring I completed my student teaching, and this is my 4th year teaching. I have always been involved in church in one way or another, from teaching Sunday School to helping my husband with the youth (he is a youth minister), to singing in choir, or whatever else comes my way. And now, I am working on my Master's degree while continuing to teach full-time. After I obtain my Master's degree, we plan to try to have our first baby. And, well, after a baby, one will pretty much ALWAYS be busy. Oh well, despite my busy life, I have lived a good life, and I hope the years to follow will be pleasing as well. Some days I do wish I had time for my hobbies such as scrap booking and reading (other than school-related materials). Maybe I will find time one day. Speaking of time, it is about time to get some zzzz's.

Goodnight all,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment