Monday, August 16, 2010

Only Monday?

Is it only Monday? Why, yes it is. It is only lunchtime and yet I feel that I need a nap. I didn't sleep well last night, but hopefully tonight will go better. I am not feeling quite as overwhelmed as yesterday. I completed alot of my "to do" list yesterday and I am trying to break things down into smaller chunks instead of looking at the big picture and feeling like I will never complete everything.

So far today my classes have done pretty well. 4th period seems to be the "most alert" so I will have to stay on my toes there. Maybe it's because they are finally waking up by then? My first 4 classes I teach Senior Language Arts, then I have lunch duty and lunch within my planning period 5th, and I finish my day up with Junior Language Arts 6th period. If all other motivational techiques fail, I can always throw in the "You have to have this class to graduate...I suggest you stay on task and complete your work" line.

So today and tomorrow are my longer days. Today because we have either department meetings or faculty meetings on Mondays after school, and tomorrow of course because I have my EDUC 702 class. I am excited about learning new ways to use technology in the classroom. As our students become more driven with technology, it is important that we, as teachers, try to keep up. Unfortunately, I am not in the "digital natives" category, so I have to work harder to keep up with the technology than do my students and the younger generation. I am only 26, but it is pretty crazy how much things have changed since high school in only 8 years. I feel older every day =)

Looking forward to Friday again,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment