Overwhelmed is an understatement. Whew...this week has been a long one, and very tiring. Getting up at 5:15 a.m. is not my cup of tea. Nevertheless, that is what I had to do this week. I started back to work at Berkmar High School. This year I am teaching four classes of Senior Language Arts (British Literature) and one class of Junior Language Arts (American Literature). My students seem pretty good so far; then again, we could still be in the "honeymoon stage." Maybe not. I would love to have a great year. The first day back I was all nerves, as I always am the first day back, but I quickly loosened up and my personality allowed me to overcome my fears. Having a sense of humor with the students is essential. Making them laugh is just another way of helping me make it through the day.
As if the first week of school isn't enough, I started my Master's classes this week. My first class is EDUC 702 Integrating Media, which meets on Tuesdays from 4:30-8:30 pm. Luckily, I do not have to drive anywhere, because they class meets on Berkmar's campus. That is a major relief! This blog site just happens to be one of our assignments for this semester. It is really a great way to relieve stress. I am looking forward to all that I will learn in the class so that I can use it in my own classroom. My second class is ENG 628 American Literature of the 20th Century, but my professor is only focusing on American Literature of New York...should be interesting. I look forward to that class too, but am feeling that it is going to take up a lot of time that I really do not have. I already ordered my 11 books and 3 movies for the class and as if that wasn't overwhelming enough, I just received the syllabus and assignments posted yesterday. This is going to be a LONG semester. I can do it...I can do it...
On top of working and getting my Masters, I try to be involved at church. My husband Trent is the youth minister there, and I try to help him out when I can. I also sing in the choir. And, I am going to assist in the college and career department.
Did I mention that I have a husband, two cats, and a dog that I like to spend time with. Family and friends...yeah, I have those too. I pretty much told everyone "See you in December!" I know that this too shall pass, and it is just part of life. I will just have to do the best that I can to manage my time well and maybe fit in sleep sometime. Yes, sleep would be nice.
Looking forward to a great week. Starting out positive and hoping I can get everything done.
Until next time,
Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment